Auto accident injuries can be very serious, prompting you to seek therapy and treatments to help you recover. An unexpected auto accident injury can cause injuries that linger for weeks and even years to come. If you need a chiropractor to help facilitate your recovery journey, we can assist you here at Northeastern Spinal Health & Rehabilitation in Woodland Park.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
The most common types of auto accident injuries are:
- Whiplash – This is caused by the body moving suddenly resulting from the impact of a car accident. Your body moves faster than it moves on its own resulting in strained muscles and tissues. Whiplash is painful and takes time to heal.
- Broken Ribs – Ribs are highly fragile and are easily fractured as the result of an auto accident. The impact of a car accident can result in painful broken ribs which will require a lot of rest.
- Head Injuries – Car accidents can cause traumatic brain injuries which can result in other complications and injuries. Long term problems can occur from brain injuries if not treated promptly.
- Herniated Discs – Herniated discs are another common auto accident injury. If a vertebra in your spine shifts out of place, it can lead to a herniated disc.
Other common injuries resulting from a car accident are:
- Internal bleeding
- Knee trauma
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Injuries Not Immediately Apparent
Various injuries might not show up for hours or even days following an auto accident. If not detected and addressed, these injuries can progress into chronic conditions. The following are common auto accident injuries that are not immediately noticeable but require professional attention:
- Brain injury
- Internal bleeding
- Other fractures
Chiropractic Treatment for Auto Accident Injuries
Following an auto accident, the spine and all connecting tissues have likely been pulled out of alignment. Chiropractic care restores the spine to a natural, healthy state, boosting the body’s natural regenerative properties. Chiropractic care is an attractive option for auto accident injury rehabilitation because it addresses issues at their sources without the aid of invasive surgery or prescription medication. Other benefits of chiropractic care following an auto accident include:
- Reduced pain
- Improved range of motion
- Prevention of further injury
Contact Our Woodland Park Chiropractor
If you are looking for chiropractic care following an auto accident in Woodland Park, contact Northeastern Spinal Health & Rehabilitation at (973) 812-0202. You may also request an appointment online.